Alright so hopefully the regular readers (um, the four or five of you I regularly bug to check my posts) were not tagged in my Facebook note. Am I using the Facebook Note as a plug to get readers to my blog? Yep. Am I hoping that with more readers (who I might not even know!) I’ll be more motivated to post regularly instead of four times in one night? Absolutely.
So here it goes…25 Things About Me, Not on Facebook
- I’ve been stung by a scorpion. It turned out to be my one and only allergy. It was in Mexico, 45 minutes away from a hospital. I feel this makes me incredibly badass.
- My dream is to get my MBA and then open a bakery.
- If I count college as 1 home, then I have lived in 14 different homes in my life. This has covered 5 states (2 of them twice) and 9 schools. This makes it incredibly hard for me to comfortable answer the question, “Where are you from?”
- I have 3 younger brothers. The eldest is my best friend and when we are in public people either assume he is older, we are dating, or both. The other two live in Chicago with my dad and are 4 and almost 6.
- I’ve never had a serious boyfriend.
- I habitually overcommit myself in every aspect of my life but I have no idea how to function otherwise.
- I actually love love love my job.
- I have no intention of living in NYC for longer than about 5 years and this might have to do with never having lived anywhere longer than 6.
- My mom has her PhD and has been published countless times. She’s one of the smartest women I know and her intelligence and abilities are grossly underappreciated.
- I lived in France for 5 months. Aside from countless cities and towns in France, I got to travel to Barcelona, Prague, Budapest, and Athens. There are still so many places I want to go.
- I worked at a chocolate factory in high school.
- People often have trouble identifying my ethnicity. Guesses include: Greek, Asian-of-some-kind, and Italian. My ancestors are German and Irish.
- I love my hair. I can wear it curly (natural) or straight.
- I think I have a pretty smile.
- I hate feet. The only time I let anyone touch them is for pedicures, which I love. The Asian women painting my toes get angry because my toes overlap naturally. When I was born, my mom thought this would prevent me from walking.
- I went on to figure skate until I was 14.
- I’ve only ever been to 2 funerals in my life; I realize I am incredibly lucky to have such inexperience with death.
- The first time I saw a therapist I was 8 years old.
- Tequila makes me throw up. Without fail, every single time.
- I’ve been to sleep-away camp twice: Farm camp at 11, Sailing camp at 13.
- When I lived in Chicago, I got to see Michael Jordan play for the Bulls on several occasions (once from the 6th row) and Sammy Sosa play for the Cubs on more occasions. This did not strike me as cool or notable until I moved away.
- I have received 2 trophies ever. One is the Best Sister Award my brother gave me when I was 16. The other is Rookie of the Year, which I just received in January at my current job.
- Waves terrify me more than anything. I generally don’t like to be under water, although I have snorkeled once and enjoyed it.
- I’m lactose intolerant but that’s ok with me because I never really liked ice cream that much in the first place.
- I have extremely high expectations for myself and try every day to let them go. It’s really hard to do that.
Alright, well that was actually incredibly difficult. I’m not sure if that’s because I — no, I know it’s because I really wanted to find 25 interesting things about me instead of just 25 regular things. I think I half-succeeded.