Nothing interesting has happened to me this week aside from the grocery fiasco (or success, depending how you measure those things). I also have not been out or had anything to drink of any kind all week. Coincidence? I hope so. But probably not. I promise I’m fun and entertaining when I’m sober (which is a lot of the time!).
Anyway, in light of discovering that several people I know and am close to actively follow this blog (I had no idea! And yay!), I’m going to try to post even if I don’t have something funny to tell you about and hope that it’s entertaining anyway. Please comment and let me know even if you already know I probably won’t listen to you. :)
So here’s a little update of what’s going on in my Sober Life, bullet-point-style:
- I’m going to see the Knicks play the 76ers tonight (which is why I’m still here at work, alone and looking pathetic on a Friday night). It should be an awesomely terrible game, since both teams suck. Growing up in Chicago going to Bulls games during the 3-peat Repeat really spoiled me for basketball games.
- Tomorrow is Bex Day! You haven’t met her yet but she’s my Brooklynite Other Half and we don’t get to hang out nearly as much as I would like to. So tomorrow we are getting cheap manis (I love/hate that term so much!) in the East Village and then visiting the New Museum nearby. Then we are cooking dinner in my apartment, making sangria (!), and going out. I have not been so excited for a Saturday in a long time.
- The Tall One has officially gotten the Z. The Z Boys will get their own post (even though they are for the most part less than deserving of blog space here) but for now I’ll tell you that when I want to delete a boy from my phone, I add a Z to their name. This is because inevitably, if I delete him, he will call or text or somehow communicate with me and I will have no idea who he is. However, I also do not want to see them among my regular contacts. So they get a Z and are therefore banished to the end of my phone where I can forget they were even in my phone. There are 5 Z’s currently.
- I got a blackberry on Wednesday! I got the Curve and yes I got it in pink because I’m going to milk the ability to get away with having pink technological devices in my posession for as long as possible.
- I’ve run out of updates for the moment but I need to have 5 bullets (or just an odd number) and so this one needed to be here.
I think it’s almost a socially acceptable time to begin walking the 3 blocks to meet my friends for the Knicks game and I know it’s far past a socially acceptable time to still be at work.