This is a 2-parter … Goals are updated here and the next post I’ll do some bulleted highlights of SPD Season ’09.
For the first time ever, this post will be photographically enhanced. Enjoy.
SPD ‘09 Crawl Goals
1. Meet and photograph Thomas Pink We spotted Thomas Pink at the first bar; he got there early so (I can only assume) he could scope out all the educated, but fun, people he wanted to hang out with. Unfortunately, by the time I was intoxicated enough to have the nerve to consider saying “Hey, remember me? You know, from your Facebook networking initiatives?”, he was nowhere to be found. We did, however, manage to snap this photo (Twin is cropped out):
2. Drink only green beverages Sadly, we forgot to bring the food coloring out with us and Duane Reade did not sell it. This tragedy was somewhat rectified by the fast that we made green eggs (no ham) at Twin’s pre-game brunch. And then had a photoshoot with them. However, Twin and Frere (the chefs) were in most pictures so this is what you get:
3. Steal a minimum of 1 item per bar We almost forgot about this one! Good thing Twin, Frere, and I had printed out copies of the goals list in our back pockets! We only stole from Bar #2 (where we also snapped the shot of good ole’ TP), but Twin’s roommate and I both managed to swipe some necessary items:
4. Hand out at least 1 sticker to each new person we meet (including Thomas Pink) Fail. However, we managed to use up both sheets of fake tattoos on ourselves (using ice cubes to apply them at the bar). Here are some results:
5. Give out The Jew’s [one of Twin’s – and now my – friends; I promise this is not an offensive nickname :)] phone # to at least 1 male Fail on Saturday, WIN on Tuesday. So much of a success this gets its own post.
6. Convince a set of strangers that Twin and I are twins, Frere and I are siblings, but Frere and Twin are cousins Success. Although then the Sloppy Drunk Guy we convinced of this requested that Twin and Frere kiss, which was revolting on many levels.
7. Avoid getting arrested or throwing up (especially on trees) Success!!!
7a. If throwing up is necessary, it must be done on a tree Entirely unnecessary.
8. Any awesome hats and/or sunglasses we see must be borrowed for a photo shoot To our shock and disappointment, we had the awesome antlers and/or sunglasses during the pub crawl (even the Crawl shirts were MAROON. Wtf.). Tuesday, however, was much more impressive. Thank you FDNY for being inappropriately wasted. (No photo-enhancements here, since these pictures are still on my camera. Sorry).
9. Get a “fellow” [Twin’s college] Alum to remember Frere or me from class one year. Success: While Twin and Frere searched for green food coloring in Duane Reade, I stood in line at the ATM where 3 girls saw my shirt and asked if I was an alum. I said “Yep!” while Frere (wearing the same shirt) said “Nope!” and they said, “Aw, that’s nice–supporting your sibling! We’re ’05 from [college on my shirt], what year were you?” I replied, “2007!” which they accepted and we proceeded to discuss how much we loved [college on my shirt]. I just want to clarify: I’ve never set foot on this campus.
10. Take as many pictures as possible with unknown members of the opposite sex at each bar Fail. We were too busy taking pictures of ourselves and our stolen goods.
So, if we’re being technical, we got about 6.5/10 goals completed. However, the entertainment level was definitely a 10/10.