I went to DC for New Year’s Eve this year with about 40 of my closest friends and maybe 4,589 acquaintances. I use the term lightly, but I’m sure you get the point. Anyway, it was a really classy celebration. Here’s why:
- The strap on my $14 dress from Charlotte Russe unraveled a bit after midnight.
- I sent a friend to get “something to fix it.” He came back with a long strip of duct tape.
- Third Eye Blind was the headlining band. What’s up, 1997?
- Did I mention Stephan Jenkins is 45 years old?
- Twin fell on the dance floor and proceeded to sit there, sprawled out and sipping a beer, for about 5 minutes.
- Frere made out with one of C’s sorority sisters from college. Who totally predatored him. Cougar alert!
- I made out briefly with some rando in a sweater vest with my dress duct-taped together. I don’t have an actual memory of this, I just know it happened.
- There was a guy present in one of those full-body suits of the spandex variety. You know, the kind that covers your face, too. It was neon green.
- (He was definitely really ugly under that suit.)
- The bartenders let us double fist all night.
- After prowling the streets for about 20 minutes, seven of us blatantly stole a cab from a couple sitting on the curb, who’d apparently been waiting an hour. Oops.
- Back at home, frozen pierogies were fried up for late-night snacks. Many were still cold in the middle. We ate them anyway.
- A large group of us then proceeded to collapse into a pile on a twin-size air mattress and pass out that way. Voluntarily.
As you can see, 2010 is already off to an amazing start. Upcoming adventures (read: more blog posts! yay!) include: skiing in the Poconos this weekend, MLK weekend (Beerlympics/Mama Bird visits!), and the inevitable Crazy Trip to California.