This is my first Wine & Love post, but I’m going to aim to do it every week. I love the idea of taking time to reflect on what’s going my way and what’s not – it’s such a great way to gain perspective. You can probably tell I’ve been super into balance lately, so if you want to link up with Nora and do your own Wine & Love you can!
… Wines …
- Girl drama…Boy-roommate’s semi-girlfriend doesn’t like me. Normally I wouldn’t care – I know I’ll be around longer than she will – but she’s over quite a bit and she’s begun to make her feelings more obvious. Last night I buzzed her in and she didn’t even say hi to me when she walked in the door!
- Winter…This is kind of trivial, but it’s bothering me: dry skin! My hands are normally baby soft (seriously, everyone comments on them!) but this winter is so dry. To make it worse, the radiator is in my room. I have a humidifier, but I’m not sure of its effectiveness for the size of my room. What are some ways you keep your skin soft in the winter? Do you use those lotion-gloves? Do they work? I’m open to suggestions.
- This weather…It has been SO inconsistent this year. I don’t love extreme temperatures in any direction, but I’d always prefer warmer. This week has ranged from 65 degrees down to 28 and snowing – all within four days. I realize this has larger implications for the planet than just my personal satisfaction, but for right now I’d really like there to be some consistency!
… Loves …
- My new job! I’m almost done with week 2 and it’s going so well. I’m challenged, but in a way that I feel like I’m building on my experience. Everything I’m doing is reinforcing my knowledge and understanding of the industry. And I get to make pretty powerpoints!
- The cleanse! Today is day 3 – the last day – and I feel fantastic. I can’t wait to dedicate an entire post to how it has gone (you knew that would happen, come on). I took a spinning class last night and did yoga this morning and I’m just in such a happy place right now!
- My clean, organized bedroom! Since I’m not eating real food – and therefore not
cookingordering in/waiting for delivery – I have had so much time (and energy!) to keep my room clean and my clothes put away. I love going to bed and waking up in a room that’s so uncluttered.
- Future plans! I have so many plans for the next few weeks – including skyping with Amazonian tea farmers in Spanish (no, I don’t speak Spanish – it’ll be interesting), my first boxing class, applying to be a Stratejoy Season 6 blogger, tons of babysitting (extra money!), skiing, and more!