This is the longest I’ve ever stuck with any blog theme, so yay for that! Everyone should be doing this, really, so go over and link up with Nora and don’t forget to tell me what you’re loving and w(h)ining about this week!
… Wines …
- One of my very best friends lost a dear family member this week and I can’t be there to give her hugs. She’s been there for me through pretty much every big family event in the last 12 years; this is the first one of hers I’ll miss. It breaks my heart.
- I seem to be stuck in this cycle where, when I drink, which is maybe once a week, the drinking extends into hours on end. Then, predictably, I feel like shit the next day – even if I’m just exhausted. Balance really needs to regain its spot as a top priority in my life.
- Week two where I want to throw all my things away. I wonder how long I should feel like this before I actually do something about it!
… Loves …
- Love, love, loving all the songs by First Aid Kit. Listening to their country-folk songs inspired me to start listening to Paul Simon’s Graceland album, which is another of my all-time favorites.
- Spring is here – almost! It’s been super warm and sunny this week in NYC and since we gained that extra hour, I’ve been able to walk home from work! What a treat!
- I met a boy who actually called me and who actually wants to take me on a date. It’s been a terribly long time since I’ve had this happen without the insecurity of ulterior motives haunting me.
- Being a vegetarian this month has had some ups and downs, but I finally discovered some meatless recipes I am in love with! I’ll have to share them soon!
- I’m getting a haircut this weekend! My hair is very fine, so it only grows so long, and it’s at that length now. (Which is to say it’s creeping down toward my elbows. It’s long.) I’m excited to chop off several inches for a new, spring-y hairstyle!